Forum? What year is this? Its 2019 and Travel in Points finally has its own official forum.
QN: What will happen to Telegram groups?
They are not going anywhere. I love my Telegram groups.
QN: Are you closing the blog and focusing only on the forum?
QN: Why not Slack?
I already have various Telegram groups for live chat. Besides, the forum hopes to achieve something different than the Telgram groups.
QN: What does the forum hope to achieve?
Here are a few, among many things, that the forum hopes to achieve
- elaborate discussions that simply isn’t possible on live chat
- long term discussions in mega threads
- because admins will occasionally purge threads of non-relevant comments, the mega threads should be easier to read and follow
- collection of significant data points
- a non-live platform where readers can interact with me as well as each other
QN: Why not r/travelinpoints?
Because reddit doesn’t have customization and features of a forum. For example, reddit search engine is horrible, reddit does not allow new entry after 6 months, and a subreddit cannot have some sections that are open to general public while others that are restricted to select few.
QN: But forum is like 1990s…
For what I am trying to put together forum is by far the best option. If anything else came close, I wouldn’t have gone through days worth of time putting a forum together.